Stars and Strikes Core Values
Our core values were laid out when the company was founded over 15 years ago by Chris Albano and Jack Canouse. At Stars and Strikes, our team members are driven to put these core values into action every day.
Our core values are the foundation of our company, essential to our success and serve as the lens through which we evaluate every guest interaction. Our commitment to these values, in both words and actions, builds a stronger, healthier Stars and Strikes, benefiting both our guests and team members.
Stars and Strikes Core Values:
- Respect: We will be a place where all people are treated with respect (both team members and guests)
- Listen: We will listen to all guest and team member suggestions meant to improve our products, services, and workplace
- Exceptional Guest Service: All team members are in the business of providing exceptional guest service, and will seek all opportunities to provide it
- Enjoy: Guests and team members will enjoy the time they spend at Stars and Strikes
- Give Back: Our business will give back to the community and will seek opportunities to support local charities
- Cleanliness: Regardless of our specific job responsibility, we will all contribute to the cleanliness of our center
- Share in Success: We will work together as a team, and all team members will share in the success of our business
Check out our Core Values in action!
Round up for Charity!
Give Back at any Stars and Strikes location by rounding your purchase up to the nearest dollar to make a donation to support the following non-profit organizations: Make a Miracle, Atlanta Humane Society, and Relay for Life.
“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
We live by our core values at Stars and Strikes. While each of our values helps to make us who we are, none is more spiritually fulfilling than Core Value #5, Giving Back. Each of our locations has a charitable cause that our team members support with their time, money and dedication. Some of the ways that our team gives back are:
Foster Family Christmas Parties
Each Christmas Season Stars and Strikes closes down for a morning to throw a full-facility Christmas Party for foster kids and their foster parents. Our team members donate their time to work the event, helping to spread Christmas Cheer to these wonderful kids and the adults who sacrifice to provide them with a home.
Make a Miracle
Jack and Carolyn Canouse are co-founders of Make a Miracle. Our mission is to bring hope and lasting change to San Juan de Lurigancho, Peru. We work with individuals and communities to transform lives through education, scholarships, housing and community projects.
A Scholarship for One of our Own!
In honor of one of our Arcade team members we lost in a tragic car accident in 2013, we offer the Peter Roberts Memorial Scholarship. This is awarded to a student at Central Forsyth High School who most demonstrates the qualities Peter had: Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Genuineness and a Friend to all.
Charitable Partnerships and Support
- Stars and Strikes has partnered with the American Cancer Society since 2010 for Relay for Life. We walk all night because Cancer never sleeps.
- Stars and Strikes supports the Atlanta Humane Society and has been a volunteer since 2017.
- Stars and Strikes supports the Ronald McDonald House, hosting events for the siblings of NICU and PICU children. We can think of nothing better than providing these kids with a little bit of fun amidst great uncertainty.
- The Holiday Season sees Stars and Strikes hosting collection points for Toys for Tots, an outreach of the US Marine Corp that seeks to collect new unwrapped toys and distribute those toys to less fortunate children at Christmas.
- Our Columbus location is passionate about supporting the Valley Rescue Food Bank and the Big Brothers & Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake.
- Our location in Summerville, SC jumped in with both feet supporting CureSearch, a local nonprofit that makes sure every kid in the foster system in Charleston county gets a birthday present!
Other charitable initiative supported by our teams:
- The Anna Crawford Children’s Center – a non-profit, community based organization dedicated to preventing child abuse and neglect.
- Fellowship Christian of Athletes
- Autism Speaks Annual Charity Fund Raiser
- The Coulter Hampton Foundation
- Arylessence Foundation
- Saint Baldrick’s Childhood Cancer Research
- JSL Charity – Benefitting the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
- Must Ministries