“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
We live by our core values at Stars and Strikes. While each of our values helps to make us who we are, none is more spiritually fulfilling than Core Value #5, Giving Back. Each of our locations has a charitable cause that our team members support with their time, money and dedication. Some of the ways that our team gives back are:
Foster Family Christmas Parties
Each Christmas Season Stars and Strikes closes down for a morning to throw a full-facility Christmas Party for foster kids and their foster parents. Our team members donate their time to work the event, helping to spread Christmas Cheer to these wonderful kids and the adults who sacrifice to provide them with a home.
Make a Miracle
Jack and Carolyn Canouse are co-founders of Make a Miracle. Our mission is to bring hope and lasting change to the community of San Juan de Lurigancho, Peru. Our leadership team and dedicated mentors empower and encourage individuals to transform their lives and community through college scholarships, housing and other relational means.
A Scholarship for One of our Own!
In honor of one of our Arcade team members we lost in a tragic car accident in 2013, we offer the Peter Roberts Memorial Scholarship. This is awarded to a student at Central Forsyth High School who most demonstrates the qualities Peter had: Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Genuineness and a Friend to all.
Charitable Partnerships and Support
- Stars and Strikes has partnered with the American Cancer Society since 2010 for Relay for Life. We walk all night because Cancer never sleeps.
- Stars and Strikes supports the Ronald McDonald House, hosting events for the siblings of NICU and PICU children. We can think of nothing better than providing these kids with a little bit of fun amidst great uncertainty.
- The Holiday Season sees Stars and Strikes hosting collection points for Toys for Tots, an outreach of the US Marine Corp that seeks to collect new unwrapped toys and distribute those toys to less fortunate children at Christmas.
- Our Columbus location is passionate about supporting the Valley Rescue Food Bank and the Big Brothers & Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake.
- Stars and Strikes Sandy Springs is involved with the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Toy Drive, collecting toys for the patients and siblings of CHOA.
- Our newest location, Summerville, SC jumped in with both feet supporting CureSearch, a local nonprofit that makes sure every kid in the foster system in Charleston county gets a birthday present!
Other charitable initiative supported by our teams:
- The Anna Crawford Children’s Center – a non-profit, community based organization dedicated to preventing child abuse and neglect.
- Fellowship Christian of Athletes
- Autism Speaks Annual Charity Fund Raiser
- The Coulter Hampton Foundation
- Arylessence Foundation
- Saint Baldrick’s Childhood Cancer Research
- JSL Charity – Benefitting the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
- Must Ministries