Are you looking for a fun and easy birthday theme for your child’s next birthday with activities that the whole family and your child’s friends can enjoy? The perfect solution is to host a bowling birthday party. These parties are fun for the whole family, perfect for children and teens, can accommodate a large number of guests, and inexpensive. Here are some tips to help you plan a perfect bowling alley birthday party in Huntsville, AL.
Set the tone for the party by making your party invitations stand out. You can create invitations that look like bowling balls with three holes in them by using black construction or cardstock paper. Or buy a set of inexpensive plastic toy bowling pins and write the details of the birthday party on each pin with a permanent marker. You or your child can hand out the pins to party guests. Also, check out the internet for bowling-themed invitations that you can print out for free. A good idea is to tell the guests to arrive 15 minutes before your bowling time is to begin to give everyone a chance to find a ball, pick out and put on bowling shoes, and get ready to start the fun.
Choose a bowling venue with lots of options and something for everyone. The first step in planning a successful bowling party is to recognize that not every bowling venue is created equal. Look for a place with more to offer than just bowling, including laser tag, bumper cars, and an arcade. Consider purchasing a birthday party package that lets you and your guests take advantage of everything the bowling venue has to offer. Many of these packages will also include food and decorations. Don’t forget to ask about any available discounts.
Fun and Games
Add a little extra fun to your child’s special day with these bowling alley birthday party ideas:
- T-shirts: As your guests enter the party, give them a bowling-themed party T-shirt. They can wear these during the party and take them home as party favors once the fun is over.
- Guessing game: Fill a glass jar with cutouts of bowling pins and place it on a table. As your guests enter the party, have them guess the number of pins that are in the jar. The guest that comes closest to the correct number wins a prize.
- Silly bowling game: Draw up instructions that are related to bowling, such as “Bowl in slow motion” or “Bowl backward,” fold them, and place them in a bowl. Each time it’s someone’s turn to bowl, have him or her pick a piece of paper and do what it says. You could give out an award at the end of the game to the person who best follows his or her instructions.
- Party trophy: So that everyone feels like a winner, have the name of each partygoer written on plastic trophies, fill the cup with an assortment of candy, and hand them out at the end of the day.
- Candy stall: Set up a candy stall with several jars of assorted candy and small paper bags on the sides so that your guests can fill them with their favorite candies and take them home.
Let Stars and Strikes handle all your birthday planning needs. Call us at (256) 272-4626 or visit us at www.starsandstrikes.com to learn about all our bowling alley party packages in Huntsville, AL.