Dinner and a movie is a classic date night—but it can get old, fast. Sometimes you need to think outside the box to plan a special night with your partner. One way to mix it up is to have an escape room date!
An escape room is a confined space that you are “locked” in. You are then given a clue that takes you through many intricate and complex puzzles you get to solve—usually within an hour—which leads you to finding a key to your escape. Escape rooms are a new and exciting way to spend time—plus it’s a great way to bond with your significant other and have some fun doing something different.
Why Choose an Escape Room Date Over a Movie Night?
When you choose an escape room for your date, many positive aspects come with it like the following:
- Enhances Communication: It’s a great way to interact and bond with your partner in unique ways. You get to work as a team, brainstorming and strategizing the best way to solve the puzzles.
- Provides Entertainment: Escape rooms provide a stress-free environment where you don’t have to worry about making conversation. The puzzles and games help keep the conversation going naturally.
- Adrenaline Booster: It gets your blood pumping! Escape rooms require problem-solving, quick thinking, and physical activity that can make for an exciting night out!
- You Never Leave Losing: You get a chance to compete and challenge each other in a fun way. Even if you don’t complete all of the tasks in the room, it’s still a great experience.
5 Tips To Make the Most of Your Date
Now that you know the benefits of an escape room date, here are five tips on taking your date to the next level:
1. Choose an Amazing Theme
If you both love horror, find a scary action-based escape room. Or maybe you’re both tech-savvy and want something cyber-related—imagine you’re racing against a crazy hacker who is framing you for his crimes!
2. Decide How Much Effort You Want to Put In
Some escape rooms are easier than others, so choose one that matches your level of expertise. If it’s your first time, maybe you want a starter room—but if you love puzzles, find a challenging one!
3. Eat Dinner First
Make sure to grab dinner before your escape room date. That way, you can focus on the puzzles and clues without being distracted. A full tummy can make a huge difference in your thinking skills.
4. Do Some Light Prep Work
Research different escape room companies and find out what they offer in terms of puzzles, props, and overall atmosphere. Read up on customer reviews to make sure you have a great escape room date so you don’t leave with a bad taste in your mouth.
5. Relax and Have Fun!
Don’t take it too seriously! It’s not always possible to finish an escape room within the hour time limit, but it’s the experience that counts.
Stars and Strikes is Your Next Date Night Spot
Find your perfect date at Stars and Strikes! With fun themes at multiple locations, you can start planning your next night out! And if you want to put the escape room date on standby, we have arcades, bowling, axe throwing, and laser tag. Whatever adventure you’re in the mood for, we’ve got it.
Book a room now and put your puzzle-solving skills to the test.