Having a date night is foundational for any relationship, even if you’ve been together for a long time. It gives you time to reconnect with your partner, enjoy some quality time together, get to know each other in your current stage of life, and completely forget about all the stressors in your relationship. Date night is a few hours away from the deadlines, bills, work expectations, and normalcy of everyday life.
But sometimes it can be hard to come up with new and exciting date ideas, and if planning starts to feel more like a chore than a treat, it’s not going to be an enjoyable experience for either of you.
That’s where we come in! We’ve got some great ideas for how to plan the ultimate date night – and we’re not talking about grabbing dinner and a movie.
The Benefits of Date Night
Remembering the purpose behind having date night is the first step to having a great time. Date night is about quality time, not quantity of time. It doesn’t need to be an all-day affair, but it should be long enough that you can really enjoy each other’s company without any distractions.
The benefits of date night are vast, but some of the most important ones are:
- Improved communication: You and your partner will have a chance to really talk without any distractions. This can help you learn more about each other and improve communication overall.
- Strengthening your relationship: Date night is just a piece of your relationship puzzle–it helps to solidify the bond you have with each other. Scientists have even found that women who spend time with their spouse each week are 7 times more happy in their relationship.
- Rediscovering why you’re together: With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it’s easy to forget why you got together in the first place. Date night gives you time to remember the things you love about each other and reignite the spark.
Don’t Get Into a Rut: Don’t Worry, We Can Help!
The Achilles heel of all date nights is routine. While going out on a date should be routine, the familiarity should end there! Except for the occasional nostalgic outing (like recreating your first date each anniversary), your significant other should not be able to predict the events of date night from start to finish.
So what does this mean? You have to get creative! And we’ve got an idea to help. Going to an adult friendly arcade is just the plot twist your date night needs–but don’t stop there!
How to Plan an Epic Night at an Adult Friendly Arcade
Here are a few tips:
- Rile up friendly competition: Unless games leave your relationship hanging by a thread, there’s nothing wrong with a little healthy competition! Make it even more fun by setting a prize for the winner–like foot rubs for a week or choosing the next date night activity.
- Make it a group date: If you’re feeling extra social, turn date night into a group date! Have each couple choose their favorite arcade game to play as a group or in couples. This can be a great way to get to know your partner’s friends better and make some new ones.
- Indulge in fried food: There’s nothing that can keep you feeling young quite like fried food. Whether it’s chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, or French fries, most arcades have some form of fried goodness to snack on.
- Go in costume: Hear us out! Planning costumes for your outing to the arcade can only make your night more hilarious and fun. There are always lots of creative ideas on social media, like choosing each other a date night outfit at a second-hand store or dressing according to a theme. If you decide to go with a group, you could even ask the couples to come dressed as their significant other.
Liven Up Date Night with the Stars and Strikes Adult Friendly Arcade
So now that you know all about the benefits of date night and how to make it more exciting, it’s time to wow your partner! Stars and Strikes is the perfect place to do just that. With tons of games to choose from, delicious food options, and a relaxed atmosphere, you can’t go wrong. Plus, if you’re feeling competitive (or just want an excuse to eat more fried food) they offer prizes for winners.
So what are you waiting for? Get your tickets today!