Whether you’re looking for a stress reliever or just a fun activity to do with friends, axe throwing has become an increasingly popular option. With it, you not only get a good time but increased coordination and tricep strength. However, it’s a common belief that axe throwing is dangerous—fact or false? We’re here to answer the age-old question: is axe throwing safe?
Let’s get into safety precautions commonly implemented and how axe throwing works to help you understand if axe throwing is safe.
What Exactly is Axe Throwing?
As a way to relieve stress and challenge yourself, axe throwing involves you standing behind a marked line and throwing a hatchet at an 8-foot wooden target. You’ll gain accuracy and triceps strength with each throw, as well as gaining increased confidence in your ability to stick it in the bullseye.
Each facility must adhere to the strict regulations set forth by the International Axe Throwing Federation (IATF). With these in place, “Is axe throwing safe” is less of a question than how many safety regulations each facility has set in place.
Our Safety Precautions
At Stars and Strikes, we prioritize safety so you can focus on the fun instead of worrying about if axe throwing is safe. To ensure that all participants can enjoy a safe experience, we require the following:
- Closed-toed shoes must be worn at all times for a sturdy throw
- No one intoxicated is allowed to throw axes to keep you safe
- All axes must be returned to the rack after each use so they’re secured
- A signed release must be given before entering the area so you’re aware of the safety regulations
And of course, we want all participants to have fun, so our axe experts are around to ensure that all guests stay safe and follow the rules. Just give them a shout and they’ll be right there to help.
How Does it Work?
Knowing what to expect before trying something new can ease any questions and doubts you might have on if axe throwing is safe. When you arrive at Stars and Strikes, here’s how you can expect your experience to go:
- You’ll get a release form to sign and read over.
- Our experts will go over safety protocols and how the game works, so you can throw with confidence.
- Get fitted with the necessary gear like closed-toed shoes (no sandals or flip-flops!).
- Grab your axe and let it fly! Learn technique and technique with each throw.
- After you’re done, return your axe to the rack and follow any necessary safety protocols before leaving the area.
We allow one axe per lane—the axe mustn’t be thrown outside of that lane so your friends can have a safe experience as well.
Test Your Skills at Stars and Strikes
Axe throwing is a fun, thrilling activity that tests your skill in more ways than one. We want all of our guests to have the best time possible, which is why we always prioritize safety. With the appropriate regulations and precautions in place at Stars and Strikes, it’s safe for everyone involved—so come on by and test your skills by contacting us today!